Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Wedding Wednesday: Best Day Ever

























Hi guys! I wanted to kick off the return of Wedding Wednesday with a look into our special day and the week leading up to. I will share more details in future posts about what I used, wore, etc. I will also share DIY info and things I would have done differently. 

The week leading up to the wedding was a struggle for us. Luke's grandfather passed away the Friday before we left to go to Delaware and we were so in shock that I don't think it really hit us that he was really gone until we got back home from our honeymoon. He was such a sweet man and really was still sharp as a tack so losing him was completely unexpected even though he was in his late 80's. He truly was a loved man and we will miss him so much.

The days leading up to the wedding were such a whirlwind I really don't remember much other than running from one appt to another and making many many trips to Michaels. 

I can't believe it has been three weeks since the wedding! To say it was anything short of a fairytale would be a lie... I couldn't have imagined a better day. Yes, some things went wrong throughout the day, but the things that really mattered and I will remember the rest of my life went off without a hitch. 

I could not be more pleased with our photographer. He did more than his fair share that day... from helping me get into my dress, keeping people in line when needed, and even helping when we hit some bumps in the road throughout the day. I am so appreciative for him.

My Nana was my matron of honor and Luke's father served as best man. We had such an intimate ceremony and our pastor could not have been more fantastic. I have never heard a ceremony so personal before and he definitely made the wedding as great as it was.

My best friend and Aunt worked so hard to help me the day of the wedding. They were angels and definitely filled in as the perfect wedding planners... (my biggest regret is not hiring one!)

I can't wait to share more of this with you guys, but wanted to share this snippet from the best day of my life. I will be back next Wednesday to share my bridal look and Luke's attire from the wedding. See you then and thanks for stopping by!












2 comments:

  1. Regina SoutherlandJune 18, 2014 at 2:21 PM

    You look AMAZING!! I wish you and Luke a lifetime of joy together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats girl! You look gorgeous! You guys are going to love being married :)

    ReplyDelete

09 10