Thursday, October 3, 2013

Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin

Blazer: Level 99 via Anthropologie (old) similar here || 
Button Down: Jcrew(old) similar here || Jeans: Gap Skinny, here || 
Flats: Jcrew Factory, here || Pearls: Jcrew || Watch: Michael Kors || 
Sunnies: Ava Tortie || Bag: Dooney & Bourke Vintage 



{Sunday: my favorite day of the week; the day I always spend quality time with Luke; the day I can make my Jesus time a little bit more intense; the day that I become completely humbled by the blessings in my life)

So, I'm sure I'm not the only gal obsessed with Sunday Funday. Sunday is the day I look forward to most and the day that never disappoints. This past Sunday, Luke and I went to lunch after church and then made our way to the pumpkin patch. I always look forward to doing child-like things with Luke because he really is just a big kid at heart. Anything fall related gets him in his happy place. I can remember when we first started dating the stories he would tell about this search for the great pumpkin that one of the local radio stations puts on in his little hometown. People literally get fired up and go out on a chase for a hidden pumpkin. The location it is hidden changes each year and a clue is given out over the air each day that when pieced together gives the message on where to find the pumpkin. From what I've heard, miss one clue... and you're out. This is also where Luke got his nickname: Charlie. Not just because of the great pumpkin reference, but because Charlie Brown is Luke in cartoon form. {Literally!}

We had the best time that day: petting the farm animals, finding our way through the maze, going on a hayride, and picking out our pumpkins. I really wish I could go back everyday until fall is over because I found my little piece of heaven there. Until next year though, we will have to tide ourselves over with other fall activities. 

What are your favorite fall traditions? 





Luke and I leave early Saturday morning to visit my grandparents. I couldn't be more excited. Sunday we will be having our engagement pictures made and then doing some other wedding arrangements on Monday. I am called "Little Harriette" in my family because I am so much like my Nana, so I'm sure you can gather what a great experience planning a wedding with her assistance has been and will continue to be. Luke and I have been so blessed thus far to relish in the memories and small moments that make engagement so sweet. He does a wonderful job of always keeping me grounded and I couldn't be more grateful for that solid ground. 

Have a happy Friday!!!! It's almost the weekend! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10