Monday, October 7, 2013

Peplum

Top: Target|| Denim:Gap || Booties: Steven by Steve Madden ||
Bag: Tory Burch, similar || Sunnies: Forever 21, Similar ||
Watch: Michael Kors || Pearls: Jcrew || Bracelet: Tory Burch, similar


 
 
I've always been a sucker for peplum since the trend started so when I found this top last week at Target, I fell in love! It is almost identical to one I saw at Jcrew over the summer and came in at half the price.  Stripes in classic colors are always hard to say no to and I just think this top is so classic. Peplum can be difficult to pull off and to me it seems like the waist is always either too long or short and hits in all the wrong places. The peplum hem on this top is understated enough that it creates just enough shape to be a statement piece, but doesn't look overdone.
 
On the flipside, I haven't always been an ankle bootie fan. I feel like they typically create a shorter line and make your legs look stumpy. When I saw these at TjMaxx, the leather was so beautiful I thought I should just try them on for kicks (who doesn't like shoe shopping just for the heck of it?). I was almost floored when I found myself actually liking them! The dip in the front creates a longer line so the leg doesn't seem to stop right at the ankle. I don't think I'll be buying many more, but I am glad to find a flattering way to wear this trend.  
 
In life news: What a week!!! Luke and I are currently in Delaware visiting my grandparents and doing some wedding planning! It's been pretty jam-packed, but we have had a blast so far. We spent Sunday after church touring our venue and having our engagement pictures done. My grandparents are from the Eastern Shore of Maryland and recently moved within the last couple years to Delaware. Since I have so much history in their hometown, I decided I wanted our engagement photos to be taken there. We spent several hours moving from spot-to-spot and I think we captured some really great photos. Seeing Luke learn how to pose in pictures was definitely entertaining. I think that is something that a lot of guys struggle with and watching him warm up to the camera was really nice to see.



I hope you had an amazing weekend! We will be traveling back to Tennessee on Tuesday and would appreciate prayers for safe travels. (It's a 10 hour drive) I will also be doing a few posts on our travels and OOTD's so keep your eyes peeled!
 
Thanks for  reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10