Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Casual Date Night






Dress. J Crew Factory (on sale!!!)
Flats: J Crew (on sale!!!)
Clutch: K slademade (on sale!!)
Belt: Target
Scarf: J Crew
Bracelets: J Crew, Blush Bazaar
Watch: Michael Kors
Sunnies: Anthropologie

As you get older... things start to change. I'm going through some major changes this year and it really just hit me that this will be my last "single" Valentine's Day. So crazy to think, but I really went through a page roll in my mind of all my past Valentine's Days and how this one is different. This one is different because it is finally sinking in... I'm about to get married. Hey, don't get me wrong... I'm over the mood excited!!! I'm also scared though... just like with any other big change life is about to get a makeover. I know I'm going to be one happy lady... and I also know I found someone who will make every day of my life the best ever. I just don't know what to expect... how I will feel.... what will be the big "change".  Life is already pretty awesome! Luke treats me like a princess and he is already my number one. Sorry to ramble, but I know I'm not the only person who has gone through this and would love to hear your stories. Love is a journey and everyone's is different. I'd love to learn about you and your love story... maybe it will help me along my own journey.

Now on to some lighter reading... to be honest, casual date nights are more my thing. When Luke and I go out to somewhere low key for dinner and I wear flats and a simple dress I feel the most myself. He always tells me he likes me best when I'm undone.... he also could do without all the lipstick (ha!). 

Chambray is kind of a necessity in life. Dress it up with heels... or down with flats... you can really do no wrong. I had wanted a chambray dress last spring, but apparently had things higher on my wants list... so I snatched this up a couple weeks ago from J Crew Factory. Better late than never right? Since I'm loving red and black so much these days... why not pull the three together. My K slademade clutch added the perfect touch of color and I added an old J Crew scarf from my closet to pull it all together. 

I hope you have a wonderful day and thank you for reading! 

ps- Don't forget to share your stories below! I can't wait to read them! 

XO-L







10 comments:

  1. So cute! :)

    Me and the fiance always keep it pretty low key. Usually v day isn't on a weekend. I think this is the first one on a friday, so I might just cook a nice dinner.

    AJ | www.TheAJMinute.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aj,

    Thank you lady!!! I think we are doing the same! Unless I get some sort of surprise... which is kind of my favorite! (only child in me I guess!)

    Thank you for reading!!!! <3

    L

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fabulous! I love this simple, yet chic look! Thanks for sharing with Three-fer Thursday.

    xo Bethany
    www.perfectlycoutured.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this look! Your dress & sunglasses are my favorite, so chic! I stopped by from All Things Thursday :)!

    Kristin
    Crumbs & Curls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristin,

      So glad to connect! And thank you!!! I try to not go over the top all the time to keep my mister happy! Happy Valentines day! XO!!!!

      Delete
  5. You are so gorgeous girl! Glad I found your blog through the link up! I love your style. That denim dress is perfect with the leopard belt and scarf and those sunnies are perfect!

    Jessi
    http://www.haircutandgeneralattitude.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS. I'm your newest follower :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Jessi! I appreciate your support! Happy Valentines Day!!!! xo!!!!!!!

      Delete
  6. very chic look, perfect for a date night

    xo,
    Cha Cha
    http://www.chachathefashiongenius.com/

    ReplyDelete

09 10