Sunday, September 8, 2013

Need for Tweed

Tweed... Something thought to be winter appropriate only, but truly a four season fabric! I love tweed. Something about this fabric is just so classic and timeless. When I found this skirt a couple months ago, I actually thought to myself that it would be great for a Christmas party! Definitely didn't picture wearing it to dinner in September. 

To my surprise, I pulled it out last night to wear to dinner. Luke and I took my Dad to one of our favorite places. The tiny little restaurant is literally in the middle of nowhere! The view makes the drive worth it though! In 80 degree weather I was still completely comfortable. I definitely won't limit my tweed pieces to winter from here go forward. My favorite part? The gold finish on the fabric is so subtle that it dressed up a basic chambray perfectly. I'm always down for an outfit that doesn't take a lot of thought. That's how I make myself presentable at 7 am. 

Top:  Jcrew Keeper Chambray, here
Skirt: ABS Allen Schwarz old, similar
Shoes: H&M here
Bag: Tory Burch here
Sunnies: Anthro Barnegat here
Necklace: boutique, similar
Nails: Essie: Good as Gold
Lippie: YSL #8 Fetish Pink



{Luke & I at dinner} 

{the amazing view!!!}

It was so nice to have a low key weekend! I actually took a nap for the first time in months today and I can't explain how nice that was! It's the little things!!!! Luke and I worked on some projects around the house and spent time with friends and family. Sundays always have a way of making me feel refreshed and ready for the week. I'm so thankful for that.  

I hope you enjoyed the weekend! Thanks for stopping by & have a happy Monday!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10