Wednesday, July 23, 2014

So do you remember? With your white dress on It was the end of December Count the days till dawn


So a couple weekends ago Luke and I had an amazing welcome reception to celebrate the wedding with those that could not make the long trip up to Delaware for the wedding. I'm sure you remember me talking about the preparations going into that and how I would be sharing the details soon... so here goes...


I honestly started to feel cliche when I went to buy a dress for the event... if you read my post about a complete wedding look for $1,000 you will know that I went a little J Crew crazy with the wedding. I waited to look for a dress for the reception until we went to Nashville for the mere fact that I wanted to do something different for the reception. Yet where did I find myself when I had been on the search for an entire weekend and had absolutely no luck? J Crew. 





The reception was a southern BBQ theme... so I had envisioned something free people 'ish with my favorite cowgirl boots.... and I had absolutely no luck! everything was either super see through, not white, or way too hot to be wearing outside in the heat of Summer. When I had almost given up I stumbled into J Crew tail between my legs thinking I was going to have to rummage for something I would be less than enthused to wear that day. This dress completely turned things around. The loose, flowy sleeves added that country chic element and the shift style was light weight and perfect for the overall feel of the reception.

I obviously wore it again in the above photos... but part of buying a new dress came with the promise to Luke that I would wear it more than once.... so above we see more of a typical look for me and below how I styled it with a little country flair for the reception.







Dress, Boots, Bracelet, Necklace (USE LFCODE20 for 20% off), 
Bag, old (loving this one), Sunnies, Flats, similar

I will be sharing more photos and details of the reception next week. After being on wedding overload for the greater part of the last year I really needed a little break from all things wedding, but I am back and excited to share all about it with you.

Is it Friday yet.... guess not! But here's to the next three days going by like lightning!

Thanks for reading! 

Xo-L





1 comment:

  1. Love the country look you gave it! These photos are beautiful

    ReplyDelete

09 10