Friday, January 24, 2014

Bundled up in color...





































Remember me saying it was cold? I was just kidding... now it's cold... We are seriously at 0! When is this crazy freeze going to end? The only ways I am getting through can be summed up in one word: layers. I work inside most of the day so wearing heavy layers on top and lighter underneath is a must. I start with something like a light blouse, move to a sweater, and then end with a heavy coat. I'm not much of a glove wearer... I usually wear them the first five minutes I'm in the car on my commute and toss them for the day. I just feel super restricted... and mostly can't handle not being able to use my phone. (I can't get the touch screen compatible gloves to work). 





This coat is one of my most prized possessions. I love the color (read about my yellow obession here) and that the sleeve isn't full length. I realize three quarter sleeves are really meant for fall, but I like to be able to move. I also love this coat for the reason that layers don't feel super bulky underneath. I love the sweater ( I wore it to cover up during my best friends wedding... it was a chilly night and we weren't very covered in our strapless bridesmaids dresses). The hi-lo effect is hard to see here, but it really is the best part. Polka dots don't hurt either though... 



I thought I needed some extra color so I threw on a sleeveless blouse in the popular color of the year (Radiant Orchid). At first I thought the colors might be a little overwhelming together, but I actually love the combo...













































Coat: Talbot's Similar
Sweater: Boutique Find, Similar
Bow Blouse: Similar here and here
Pants: J Crew
Boots: Hunter
Watch: Michael Kors
Bracelet: Mudpie
Headwrap: Anthropologie
Sunnies: Tory Burch
Bag: H&M, similar
Lippie: St. Germain with Girl about Town Gloss


Other thoughts: Hunter Boots aren't just for rain. Outside of UGG boots... they are kind of the only thing that keep me warm. I throw on boot socks and I'm set. 



Have a great day and stay warm!



Thanks for reading!



2 comments:

  1. Your pictures are great. Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!!! My fiance/ paparazzi does a pretty swell job! Thanks for reading! xx-Lacey

    ReplyDelete

09 10