Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Spring Fever


Spring fever is in full effect here... We are experiencing another cold spell and I can't think of anything better than warm sunshine and the beach. I keep throwing brights into the mix to try and force spring in... but nothing yet... This week I'm really trying to focus on getting good use of things in my closet that have yet to be worn... or have been a little neglected lately... My little J Crew bow flats have spent a lot of time in the closet since early fall. Nude bow flats are kind of a necessity so I'm not sure how I went so long without wearing them.

 This vest has been such a major piece in my wardrobe lately... I have worn it to work, on the weekends to be super casual, and even over workout clothes going to and from the gym for extra warmth. I snatched it up when it was around $40 and have definitely gotten my money's worth...  




A pink blouse is also a must have. Pink makes me happy just like every other lady out there... but it also adds an element of cheer to otherwise understated outfits. I always go for a slightly darker pink lip to compliment. For this look I wore girl about town topped off with matching gloss. {The only issue was the major wind that we have been having... I ended up with lip gloss in hair: no bueno!}



Top: J Crew, similar here 
Vest: J Crew
Denim: Gap
Necklace: Benevolent Jewels (use code LFCODE20 for 20% off)
Bag: Michael Kors
Flats: J Crew Factory
Watch: Michael Kors
Belt: Target
Bracelet: J Crew
Sunnies: Anthropologie
Lippie: Girl About Town lipstick + gloss

My accessories are my favorite part of this look. After spending quite some time contemplating... I decided to splurge on the Michael Kors Selma handbag. For several years the only bag I would own was a Michael Kors bag. I was actually a little obsessive. {I tend to do that sometimes... #sorrynotsorry} My only reason to not have purchased this sooner was the fact that it is floating around everywhere... literally. I finally decided that if I liked the bag I should just get it. I went with navy because 1. I have never owned a navy bag and 2. because I love a navy and black combo... but also love the nautical feel it can give a look with a cheerful color palette. Overall I have been very happy so far. The quality and functionality really cannot be beat for the price tag!

Lastly, my Benevolent Jewels necklace. Obsessed! There are so many ways that I can wear this piece because of the color combo! You can really see major detail in some of my recent Instagram photos, but pink, blue, and olive green really make this piece extremely unique. You can get 20% off at Benevolent Jewels by using code: LFCODE20.

I hope life is happy where you are and that you have a wonderful day!

Thanks for reading and talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10